Thursday, April 13, 2006

Dormitory Adana'da

Yes, I want to go back.
I want to stay in room 212 one more time, get up at 8:10 and have breakfast at 8:20. A very lazy breakfast, in fact. And I want to play tennis for free with The Professional Player Number One (The Wall) and Number Two (Aşkım, The Polish Daredevil, you know what I mean) from 9:00 till 10:00. And then, after finally having my door open, take a really cold shower, tabi ki soğuk su zaman var.
Shoot a 30-second movie, a FearFactory kind, titled "How To Use A Turkish Toilette". (for those who don't know, the answer is pretty simple: very fast!)
I want to solve The Mystery Of The Closed Gate. Anachtar yok, problem var.
And later, para yok, problem yok, tamam mı?
I want to see the sunset in Göreme, talk to Genek on the edge of the world and drive the winding Cappadoccia roads.
I want to go back to finish the Polish - Czech war, to cut off the electricity in a certain part of the guest house, and to teach others how to slam the door in a professional way.
I want to have the childlish hope that after finishing the Turkish course and going back to the dormitory I will be able to use the internet, cook something, hear the magic phrase "Sicak su var!!" and spend around one hour under the shower. People have no idea how wonderful it is to feel the hot water running down your back until they experience having the cold showers for few days in a row.
I want to go back to run up and down the stairs to the laundry room in the middle of the night (from 2nd floor to the basement), and finally twist my ankle, because despite all my enermous efforts I was absolutely unsuccessful in this matter.
You cannot even imagine, but from time to time olur means olmaz, and the other way round. Evet, evet.
For the question "Where do you stay?" I want to answer "Lojman'da".
Yes, I want to go back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gone are the snows of winter.The creeks are running.The birds are back.Nature has come alive

Agnieszka said...

Indeed. And I am learning to fly again, though my heart is broken.

Agnieszka said...

upssss... correction, I examined my heart carefully one more time: except the scar, things are ok. Ready to change. Ready to discover. Ready to revolution. Ready to dance...